Bluetooth Accessories Require Latest Firmware for Best Performance
Motorola wireless accessories use a pod with APX, XTS, XPR, and SL 7000 series radios. The pod can be used as a stand-alone wireless push-to-talk (PTT) or power a surveillance kit, earbud, and also connect with the completely discreet earpiece. The pod has internal firmware that can be updated by the user to take advantage of the latest software release from Motorola.
The NTN2571 mission-critical secure pod includes encryption for APX and XTS models and the NNTN8127 operations-critical pod is designed for MOTOTRBO DMR XPR and SL 7000 radios. Each pod as unique firmware that should be upgraded for improved battery life and performance.
Instructions to Upgrade Firmware in Motorola Wireless Bluetooth Pods
Motorola Solutions provides a Windows application to upgrade their wireless bluetooth accessories. The Accessory Programming Software tool is a free download and supports both pods. The install guide includes easy step-by-step instructions with computer screenshots. In addition to the programming tool, you will also need to download the latest pod firmware.
- Contact Motorola for the latest mission-critical NTN2571 software update
- Contact Motorola for the latest operations-critical NNTN8127 software update
Motorola Accessories Compatible with Wireless Pods
The accessories below are compatible with either wireless pod. Some accessories require upgraded firmware if you have an older pod.
- Motorola PMLN7052 Wireless Surveillance kit with acoustic tube
- Motorola NTN2575 Replacement Earpiece with 9.5 Inch cable
- Motorola NTN2572 Replacement Earpiece with 12 inch cable
- Motorola NNTN8295 Wireless Earbud with 45 inch cord
- Motorola NNTN8294 Wireless Earbud with 11.5 inch cord
- Motorola NNTN8298 Black Headphones with in-line mic
- Motorola NNTN8296 Wireless Covert Kit
- Motorola PMLN7696 Completely Discreet Wireless Earpiece
- Motorola NNTN8737 3.5mm Earbud Headset Adapter – 10 Pack
User Manuals and Quick-Start Guides
Motorola Mission-Critical Bluetooth (NTN2571)
- Download user manual for mission-critical wireless .pdf
- Download mission-critical quick-start guide .pdf
- Download mission-critical white paper .pdf
- Download mission-critical firmware release notes .pdf
Operations-Critical Bluetooth (NNTN8127)
- Download user manual for operations-critical .pdf
- Download operations-critical quick-start guide .pdf
- Download operations-critical firmware release notes .pdf