Earlier today our Governor ordered non-essential businesses in Delaware to close effective Tuesday, 3/24 in order to curb the spread of COVID-19. The order will remain in effect until May 15th or until the public health threat is eliminated.
Magnum Electronics Classified As Essential Business and Will Remain Open
Magnum Electronics is considered an essential business as shown in the list of essential and non-essential business classification codes. Our intent is to continue to provide technical services and product fulfillment while keeping our employees safe. Precautions are being taken to minimize the risks associated with COVID-19 and we will continue to support public-safety, healthcare, and essential service providers with their communications needs.
Total Customer Satisfaction is our fundamental corporate goal and will continue to do everything we can to provide the best possible service to all of our customers during these exceptionally challenging times.
Bill Ridenour, President
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Motorola Solutions is providing recommended cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for 2-way radios, body-worn cameras, and accessories based on current and best understanding of radio hygiene.
Per global health authorities, removing germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces lowers the risk of spreading infection. Using chemical disinfectants may kill germs that remain on surfaces after cleaning, which further lowers the risk of spreading infection.
General Cleaning Recommendations
- Apply 0.5% detergent-water solution with a cloth, then use a stiff, non-metallic, short-bristled brush to work all loose dirt away from the device. Use a soft, absorbent, lintless cloth or tissue to remove the solution and dry the device.
- Make sure that no solution remains entrapped near any connectors, cracks or crevices.
- Devices may be disinfected by wiping them down with over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with at least 70% alcohol concentration.
- When cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, the alcohol should never be applied directly to the device. It should be applied to a cloth, which is then used to wipe down the device.
- The effects of certain chemicals and their vapors can have detrimental effects on plastics and the metal platings.
Do not use bleach, solvents or cleaning sprays to cleanse or disinfect your device.
Motorola does not certify the above cleaning will remove COVID-19 or other foreign substances, however, the cleaning methods are approved for their products.
Download the Motorola Cleaning and Disinfecting Bulletin
Information from the WHO website: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
Information from the US CDC website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)