Motorola’s DTR700 900 MHz license-free radio has another firmware update available that allows users to receive new features at no charge. The Phase 2 release can be downloaded and includes new firmware, a new updater tool, and new programming software.
DTR700 radios use 902-928 MHz ISM spread spectrum and provide digital features. They are designed for on-site communications and perform well in buildings.
Group, individual, and call alert is standard. The DTR700 has a color display, radio ID, IP54 rating, and up to 16 hour battery life on a single charge. A two year warranty from Motorola is included.
1. Text Message – radio able to receive text messages and send text messages to other radios with pre-programmed text messages.
2. Remote Monitor (DTR700 & DTR720 only) – radio configured as Manager Mode is able to remotely monitor and listen to the environment of the other radio for 30 seconds provided the target radio is in the range.
3. Remote Disable (DTR700 & DTR720 only) – radio configured as Manager Mode is able to remotely enable or disable other radio provided the target radio is in the range.
4. Call Alert – radio able to pre-alert a specific radio in range to call back.
5. Rental Timer (DTR600 & DTR720 only) – radio rental company able to set rental period to radios and radio will be disabled when rental period expired.
6. Ringer Tone and Volume – radio able to set specific Ringer Tone and configure the loudness of the Ringer Tone that sound while receiving text message or call alert.
7. Over-The-Air Contact Cloning – radio able to add or delete contacts to or from another radio wirelessly without connecting the radios by cable.
8. Fixed issue with call failed after back and forth private calls to a radio
DTR700 software downloads, updater tool, and instructions at this link.