We received a notification this week that due to rising component and material costs, Federal Signal will raise prices on select emergency warning product lines effective January 1, 2019. In order to avoid a price increase, the last day to place an order will be 12/30/18. Below is a summary of the approximate pending changes.
Federal Signal Product Summary Affected By 1/1/19 Price Increase
- Valor, Integrity, and Vision SLR lightbars increase by approximately +8%
- Allegiant, Legend, Legend LPX, and Navigator lightbars increase by approximately +10%
- HighLighter LED mini-lightbars increase by approximately +6%
- Beacons increase by approximately +5%
- Latitude stick and SignalMaster lights increase by approximately +6%
- XStream interior warning lights increase by approximately +10%
- Reverse Camera/Monitor Systems increase by approximately +25%
- SmartSiren Platinum, Pathfinder, and PA300 sirens increase by approximately +10%
- DynaMax E100C speakers increase by approximately +3%
Price adjustments for product lines not listed above will be announced in late January.
State of Delaware Senate Bill 79 Requires Building Interior Test
A State of Delaware Department of Safety and Homeland Security regulation requires all new construction projects over 25,000 square feet be tested for in-building communications. The purpose of the SB79 test is to determine if newly constructed buildings have been designed so that emergency personnel can transmit and receive with portable 2-way radios and the State’s 800 MHz network. The facility owner must have the building tested prior to requesting a certificate of occupancy. The building must have the windows and doors installed before the test can be started.
Magnum Electronics is an approved vendor and has technical staff certified to perform the required scope of work quickly as defined in Appendix A by the Delaware Division of Communications. We are located in Dover and a member of the Delaware Chapter of the Association of Builders and Contractors. To request a quote, call us at 302-734-9250 M-F 8-5pm or use the form below.
ABC Delaware Chapter Brings Construction Technology Event to Sussex County
ABC Delaware chapter members and guests can see the latest in construction technology by attending the Kent/Sussex Dinner Meeting on December 11, 2014. The event starts at 5:00 pm at the Sussex Pines Country Club in Georgetown. Registration is required and non-members are invited.
Mobile Workforce Productivity Enhancements Using Wireless Communications
We will have hands-on demonstrations of the following equipment:
- Magnum AVL GPS fleet and asset tracking showing locations, stops, arrival/departure times from a smartphone
- Cradlepoint 3G/4G modems for on the job internet access and office backup
- Panasonic Toughbook and Toughpad rugged computers you can use outdoors in direct sunlight or rain that will survive a 5 ft drop
- Motorola MOTOTRBO SL300 digital 2-way job site radios with long battery life
- 3M Peltor hearing protection for the job site – win a set of the new TEP-100 electronic earplugs!
For more information contact the ABC Delaware Chapter or download the registration form.