Natural Interaction Behavior or “NIB” is a new feature allowing up to four team members to speak simultaneously (full duplex) within approximately 30 feet of each other and 60 others can listen. It automatically starts when high noise level prevents normal voice communications. The video below illustrates how NIB works.
New Mission Audio Profiles (MAP), Advanced VOX, and Telescope Boom Mic
Past headset users only had the volume control adjustment when the noise level changed. MAP provides five different audio profiles for environmental listening designed for typical missions as defined below:
- Observation – highest volume and widest frequency response for max hearing
- Patrol – High volume, reduced high frequencies to limit footsteps, close sounds
- Conversation – Maximizes face-to-face communications
- Comfort – High noise for long periods of time (tactical vehicle, air transport)
- Off/Disabled – Capability to turn OFF environmental listening
Advanced VOX (voice operated transmit) is adaptive, meaning the threshold to activate will adjust automatically depending on the noise environment. The ComTac VI also has a button on the left earcup so you can easily switch from VOX to PTT.
The MT73 boom microphone has also been redesigned with improved noise-cancelling technology and IP68 submersibility rating. The new design accommodates both left and right handed shooters without moving the mic to opposite side of the headset. The boom can telescope to adjust its length too.
Download 3M Peltor ComTac VI Spec Sheet. pdf