Vertex VX-351 or VX-354 Cloning Requires a CT-27A Radio-to-Radio Cable
Adding a new Vertex Standard VX-351 or VX-354 radios to your existing fleet is a simple process with the built-in cloning feature. All you need is a Vertex XURTS0008 CT-27A cloning cable to transfer the programming information. A VX-351 will not clone to a VX-354 and all models must be identical using the same VHF or UHF band.
VX-350 Series Cloning is a 6 Step Procedure
- Turn both radios OFF
- Connect the CT-27 cloning cable between the MIC/SP jacks of the two radios.
- Press and hold the “Side 1” key and the “PTT” key while turning the radio ON. The LED will remain off and if a VX-354, it will display “CLONE”.
- Repeat step 3 on the other radio.
- To switch the radio to receive data, press the “Side 1” key. Then the LED indicator will glow “Green“.
- To switch the radio to transmit data, press the “PTT” key. Then the LED indicator will glow “Red“.
When the data transfer is successful, the VX-354 display will return to “CLONE” or if a VX-351, the TX/BUSY indicator will turn off. You are now ready for the next radio or turn both radios off and disconnect the CT-27 cable. You can then power on the radios and begin normal operation.