The US Postal Service prohibits shipping bulk Lithium-ion and Lithium-polymer replacement batteries through the mail including to APO/FPO addresses. The rules state only lithium batteries installed in equipment are permitted. FedEx and UPS will accept Lithium batteries if shipped ground. If faster air service is needed there is a dangerous goods fee in addition to the shipping fee.
You may want to consider nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries. They are not considered hazardous and provide very good performance. Below is a list of Motorola radios with compatible NiMH batteries.
Motorola P25 and DMR 2-Way Radios
APX 8000, APX 7000, APX 6000, SRX 2200
Motorola APX 8000, APX 7000, APX 6000, SRX 2200 can use the NTN7035. It has a IP67 submersible rugged rating, IMPRES automatic conditioning, and 2000 mAh capacity. It is also FM intrinsically-safe rated.
APX 4000, APX 3000, APX 1000, APX 900
There are no USPS APO friendly batteries for the APX 4000, APX 3000, APX 1000, or APX 900 at this time.
XTS 5000, XTS 3500, and XTS 3000
Motorola XTS 5000, XTS 3500, and XTS 3000 radios have several battery choices listed below that can be shipped to APO addresses.
- Motorola NNTN4437 – 1700 mAh, IMPRES, NiMH, FM, Ruggedized
- Motorola NNTN4436 – 1700 mAh, IMPRES, NiMH, FM
- Motorola NNTN4435 – 1800 mAh, IMPRES, NiMH
- Motorola PMNN4093 – 3000 mAh, IMPRES, NiMH
- Power Products BP8299MHUC – 3800 mAh, NiMH
- Power Products BP8299MHXT – 2700 mAh, NiMH
- Power Products BP8299MH – 2000 mAh, NiMH
XTS 2500, XTS 1500, MT1500, PR1500
Below are NiMH battery choices for the XTS 2500, XTS 1500, MT1500, and PR1500:
- Motorola NNTN6263 – 2000 mAh, IMPRES, NiMH, FM, Ruggedized
- Motorola NTN9857 – 2000 mAh, IMPRES, NiMH, FM, IP54
- Motorola NTN9858 – 2100 mAh, IMPRES, NiMH, IP54
- Power Products BP9858MHIC – 2500 mAh, Smart, NiMH
MOTOTRBO XPR 3000, XPR 7000 Series
There are no batteries that can be shipped through the USPS at this time for any XPR 3000 or 7000 series radios.
We carry batteries for other Motorola models and most radio brands. If you need help identifying a battery for your radio contact our office and we will recommend a replacement.