Globalstar Satellite Phone Voice Network Coverage
In the event land-based cellular and wireline communications are disrupted due to storm power outages, the Globalstar satellite phone network may be the only way to communicate. Globalstar GSP-1700 phones rely on low earth orbiting satellites instead of towers for system access. It is important to note you must be outdoors when a satellite is overhead near your location.
Globalstar Home Area and Roaming Charges
Globalstar phones activated under USA rate plans include airtime for calls made from the Home service area to the US and Canada. The Home area includes the US, Canada, and the Caribbean – but not Mexico. Long distance is included for calls to the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Globalstar Satellite Phone Training Tips
- Dial #TEST for a free test call to confirm the phone is working
- To send a SMS text message (35 character maximum) to a Globalstar phone, use the area code and phone number format below: email@example.com
- There is no way to reply to a text message
- There is no caller ID – save important numbers in the directory
- You must be outside or be able to see the horizon for service
- Dial #777 for internet access (cable and software required)
- To change Time Zone – Press MENU, 7, 2, 6
- To check voice mail dial the phone’s number and Press # or 1 (temporary password is 12345)